The criteria for admission to Cyprus College has been set to select students who have the ability to do college-level work and to place students in courses and programs appropriate to their academic strengths and career goals.
- Applicants must have completed their secondary (high) school education, or twelve years of schooling or the equivalent, to be considered for admission to programs of study.
- Candidates who have successfully completed part of their studies at an accredited institution may be exempted from respective courses in the program they attend at Cyprus College, thus reducing the period of study to obtain their diploma/degree. For the evaluation of transferred courses, candidates must submit a copy of their transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
The general admission requirement for all programs of study is the successful completion of the secondary education cycle. All applicants will need to submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions, in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to be considered for admission to Cyprus College:
- A completed application form together with a non-refundable fee of €52. Applicants may also apply online here
- Official copy of High School Leaving Certificate and grade marksheet in English
- Proof of English language proficiency (if any)*
- Passport-sized photo
- Copy of a valid passport (for international applicants only)
*Proficiency in English is not a requirement for admission to Cyprus College. However, applicants who apply for a program of study which is taught in English, will be required to take the College’s English Placement Test (EPT). Candidates whose English is below the required standard will be offered additional English-language classes.
Exemption from the English Placement Test (EPT)
Applicants are exempt from the English Placement Test (EPT) if they have one of the following:
• TOEFL score of at least 550 (213 computer-based, 79 internet-based)
• English IGCSE with grade C or above
• IELTS with a score of 6.5 or above
Other external exams may also be accepted by the English Department as equivalent. Consult the Office of Admissions for further details
Candidates, who have started their college/university education elsewhere or have successfully completed studies at an accredited university/college and wish to apply for admission to Cyprus College, may be exempt from courses at Cyprus College. Candidates must submit official transcripts and course descriptions (or syllabi) to the Office of Admissions in order to receive a transfer credit evaluation report indicating the number of courses exempted.