Become a CFA Charter Holder
To become a CFA Charter holder you must:
- Pass all the three levels (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3) of the CFA exams.
- Have 48 months of acceptable professional work experience (can be earned prior or after sitting the exams) in investment decision making.
- Agree to adhere to and sign the Member's Agreement, a Professional Conduct Statement, and any additional documentation requested by CFA Institute.
- The CFA institute requires three professional references unless the candidate has a reference from a regular member of the society to which he is applying. In that case, two professional references are required. The CFA institute prefers references from candidates’ supervisor(s).
- Become a regular member of CFA Institute and apply for membership in a local CFA member society.